The Obama administration finally admits that their drone program has targeted US citizens.
By JG Vibes
May 23, 2013
I want to be clear that regardless of nationality, race or spirituality, no human life is worth more or less than any other. So the recent admission that four Americans have been killed by US drones should be no more or less upsetting than hearing about 4 Iraqis, but unfortunately that is not how the mainstream media presents these issues.
On Wednesday Bloomberg reported that “U.S. drone strikes have killed four American citizens in counterterrorism operations overseas since 2009, Attorney General Eric Holder said today, the Obama administration’s first public acknowledgment of those killings.”
In a letter to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy, Attorney General Eric Holder said the United States specifically targeted and killed American citizens. You can read the letter in full HERE.
Holder said Samir Kahn, Abdul Rahman Anwar al-Awlaki and Jude Kenan Mohammed were not targeted by the United States but he did not add more details about their deaths. The letter represents the first U.S. admission that the four were killed in counterterror strikes even though their deaths had been reported in the media.
As the alternative media was reporting for a long time Abdulrahman al-Awlaki was a 16 year old boy who was assassinated by a US drone for having a father who was speaking ill of the American government.
“I would suggest that you should have a far more responsible father if they are truly concerned about the well being of their children. I don’t think becoming an al Qaeda jihadist terrorist is the best way to go about doing your business,” Gibbs, the former White House press secretary, told the interviewer from We Are Change, when asked to justify “an American citizen that is being targeted without due process, without trial — and, he’s underage, he’s a minor.”
That same press secretary admitted upon leaving the administration that he was told to pretend that the drone program didn’t exist.
“When I went through the process of becoming press secretary, one of the first things they told me was, ‘You’re not even to acknowledge the drone program. You’re not even to discuss that it exists,” said Gibbs. That policy of secrecy, Gibbs said, made it difficult to deal with reporters asking about the program. Describing one such notable exchange in 2009 with Major Garrett, then of Fox News, Gibbs said, “I would get a question like that and literally I couldn’t tell you what Major asked, because once I figured out it was about the drone program, I realize I’m not supposed to talk about it.”
The full extent of this drone program may not be known for years to come, but it does seem that the alternative media is forcing some evidence of the truth to come out.
Follow my updates and join the discussion at www.facebook.com/jgvibes
Read more articles by this author HERE.
J.G. Vibes is the author of an 87 chapter counter-culture textbook called Alchemy of the Modern Renaissance, a staff writer, reporter for Intellihub.com and Executive Producer of the Bob Tuskin Radio Show. You can keep up with his work, which includes free podcasts, free e-books & free audiobooks at his website www.aotmr.com